Conditions Of Use
Registering as a member grants you access to certain areas and features on the UK Karting website. Your registration and use of the services we provide is subject to your acceptance of the following conditions of use.
The UK Karting website is intended to be used by anyone with an interest in the sport of karting. We want it to be of benefit to everyone whether they are 6 or 106 and we ask you to bear in mind when using the interactive areas that persons of all ages use this site. We encourage users to participate in the Notice Board and Market Place but if you do not follow the rules shown below you may be prevented from using certain features of this website in the future.
UK Karting and associated companies (UKK) expressly forbid the posting, transmitting or distribution of information that comprises or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, nor is it allowed for the website to be used for the placing of material of a pornographic nature, any fraudulent activity or material, anything that infringes upon the rights of others, hate propaganda or hate mongering, swearing, any material that can be considered threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable, nor anything that promotes, encourages or provides instructional information about illegal activities.
The information you provide during the registration process must be accurate and true, and you agree to inform UKK immediately should any of this information change. You will not attempt to falsify your identity and/or impersonate others at the registration stage nor during your use of the facilities available on this site. Once the initial registration process has been completed we ask that you do not register again. If a duplicated application is discovered the registrant may be excluded from taking any further part in interactive areas of the website. Your membership is non-transferrable and you may not allow others to use your membership details, or for you to use the services on behalf of them. You are responsible for all actions using your membership information. Keep your password safe from others, and should you suspect that the confidentiality of your password has been breached you should change your password and inform UKK immediately.
Please note that although UK Karting is primarily a UK based website, information entered for display on the site will be accessible to Internet users world-wide.
The Notice Board
The rules for the Notice Board (NB) can be summarized in several points:
Be nice to one another!
- Keep it cool: No posting of any message that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, harmful, inaccurate, harassing, abusive, vulgar, hateful, threatening, obscene, disrespectful, sexually oriented, libellous, invasive of another person's privacy, or unlawful. It is unnecessary and this is a public forum used by young children who should not be subjected to it.
- No Stirring: Don’t post something solely aimed at causing an argument or inciting people.
- No Spam: Do not post messages unrelated to karting and/or motorsport (such as "how to make £50,000 in 5 days" etc.) Posting the same or similar message repeatedly (even over long periods of time, i.e. every few weeks) is also considered to be spam.
- No advertising: Advertising within messages is not permitted, including self-promotions and the listing of your own commercial website. (There are dedicated areas on the site available for advertising at reasonable rates which helps fund the on-going running and development of this site.) You may however add a commercial or private URL to your user profile.
- No accusations: Regardless of whether you believe them to be founded or otherwise. (Use the appropriate channels and procedures that are available, or go visit a Solicitor.)
- Keep on topic: Keep the thread to the original topic.
- Copyright: You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written permission to use it.
You understand that the Notice Board is a live forum and acknowledge that it's not possible for it to be continually monitored, UKK are not obligated nor assume any duty for doing so, and therefore are not responsible for content that appears in the forum, unless specifically posted by them. Visitors to and users of the NB are encouraged to contact us by e-mail if they feel that a post to the NB is objectionable. UKK can remove post(s) and will attempt to do so within a reasonable time frame if we, in our sole discretion, deem that removal is required. UKK also reserve the right to remove any registered member for any or no reason whatsoever and without prior notification.
In using the Service you remain solely responsible for the content of your messages and agree to indemnify and hold UKK harmless from any claim or demand made by a third party as a result of the content you submitted to the UKK website.
We are unable to verify any content and offer no guarantee as to its usefulness. Messages that appear express the views of the author, and neither UKK nor Esentra Limited (developers of this forum software) can be held responsible for the content of any message.
The Market Place
Any equipment made available for sale in the Market Place must be placed by the legal owner, or a person with the authority to do so as given by the legal owner. The advert copy cannot be checked for accuracy and we rely on you to be honest and truthful.
By submitting an advertisement to the Market Place you confirm that it is not a commercial sale and you have the legal right to be selling the item(s) to be listed. (The Market Place may also be used by commercial organisations by sending an email and obtaining a sales reference number from UK Karting).
UK Karting does not verify the accuracy of the description of any of the goods listed for sale in the Market Place. We advise users to treat all adverts with caution.